Catchy rock songs often have a blazing guitar riff, a sing-along chorus, and subliminal messages about getting out of your small town. Get hooked with this GrouponLive deal.
- One ticket to Richard Nader's Summer Doo-Wop Celebration Concert
- When: Saturday, June 1, at 7 p.m.
- Where: IZOD Center
- Door time: 6 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $20 for rows 16–20 of section 116 or rows 15–19 of section 128 (up to a $40.10 value)
- $26 for rows 17–20 of sections 106, 110, 120, or 124 (up to a $52.40 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.
The IZOD Center gets bopping with the 24th doo-wop reunion featuring some of the biggest names from the '50s and '60s. Headliner Jay Black (of Jay and the Americans) reminds fans new and old of nostalgic romance with his classics “Come a Little Bit Closer”, "Cara Mia," and “This Magic Moment.” Fellow top-billers The Duprees celebrate 51 years since their smash hit “You Belong to Me,” and follow it up with 1963's “Have You Heard.” Among the other performers are Gene Chandler—a.k.a. the “Duke of Earl”, "Groovy Situation," and “King of Condiment Hybrids”—and Tommy Mara and the Crests, who romanced more than one generation with their sentimental smash “16 Candles.”
Jay Black sings “Cara Mia”
- Jay Black (“Come a Little Bit Closer”, "Cara Mia")
- The Duprees ("Have You Heard", "You Belong to Me")
- Gene Chandler ("Duke of Earl", "Groovy Situation")
- Jay Siegel's Tokens ("The Lion Sleeps Tonight")
- John Kuse and the Excellents ("Red, Red Robin")
- Lenny Coco and the Chimes ("Once in a While")
- Maurice Williams and the Zodiacs ("Stay")
- Tommy Mara and the Crests