Cover bands look and sound just like the real thing, unlike cover audiences, who are just used mannequins holding up lighters. See the real almost-real thing with this GrouponLive deal.
- One general-admission standing ticket to see a reggaetón concert or classic-rock tribute
- Where: House of Blues Anaheim
- Door time: one hour before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $23 to see J Alvarez on Thursday, March 13, at 9 p.m. (up to $46 value)
- $11 to see Double Vision – A Tribute to Foreigner on Sunday, March 16, at 8 p.m. (up to $22 value)
- $11 to see Beatles vs. Stones – A Musical Shootout on Friday, April 4, at 9 p.m. (up to $22 value)
- The sound: Puerto Rican reggaetón—a blend of Trinidad's soca and Jamaica's dancehall groove with elements of salsa, hip-hop, and electronica
- J's style: cool as ice, yet able to melt the mic with swagger and braggadocio
- The album that introduced him: Otro Nivel De Música with its hit "La Pregunta"
- What made Otro Nivel De Música really take off: when it was reissued with 15 more tracks as Otro Nivel De Música: Reloaded
- Reloading paid off with: a Latin Grammy nomination for Best Urban Music Album
- What you should bring: dancing shoes and the magic words that can lift his sunglasses and reveal his mysterious eyes
Double Vision – A Tribute to Foreigner
- What Double Vision has in common with Foreigner: both have musicians from the US and Great Britain, which was how Foreigner took its name
- What you'll hear: amp-cranking greatest hits and deep cuts from the '70s and '80s
- What you won't hear: pre-recorded tracks, samples, or robot music of any sort
- Foreigner hits you can expect to hear: "Hot Blooded," "Cold as Ice," "I Want to Know What Love Is"
Beatles vs. Stones – A Musical Shootout
- Which band is better, the Beatles or the Stones?: scientists have debated this for more than 50 years to no avail
- In this corner: Abbey Road, an internationally renowned Beatles tribute band
- In the other corner: Jumping Jack Flash, an internationally renowned Rolling Stones tribute band
- What to expect: spot-on sets of the early Beatles' greatest hits and the decidedly scrappier Stones, and perhaps a hung jury
House of Blues Anaheim
1530 S Disneyland Dr.
Anaheim, California 92802Get Directions