- $30 for one membership to each of three concerts in Musical Bridges Around the World's Music Without Borders Festival (up to $60 value)
- When: 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Laurie Auditorium at Trinity University
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- "Jazz Expressions" on Saturday, February 22
- EntreFlamenco on Friday, February 28
- "Indian Fusion" on Saturday, March 1
The value of this deal is based on regular ticket prices and doesn't reflect student, senior, or military discounts. Children 12 and under are admitted free.
Jazz Expressions, EntreFlamenco, and Indian Fusion
- Legends who have basked in the sax of "Jazz Expressions'" Charles Lloyd: Cannonball Adderley, Herbie Hancock, The Beach Boys, The Doors
- His most recent award: the 2013 Miles Davis Award, presented by the Montreal International Jazz Festival
- Number of times "Jazz Expressions'" pianist Gerald Clayton's been nominated for a Grammy: as of this year, four
- Age at which he would have been first nominated, were his nominations distributed equally throughout his life: 7
- Where EntreFlamenco was founded: Madrid, Spain
- Which members audiences will see on February 28: company founder Antonio Granjero and master dancer Estefania Ramirez
- Instruments that will fill the stage during "Indian Fusion": two violins, one viola, one cello, one clarinet, and one tabla drum
- Who will play those instruments: the Saint Petersburg String Quartet, Syrian clarinetist Kinan Azmeh, Indian drummer Sandeep Das, dancer Urmi Samadar, and the mouse that scampers around inside Das' tabla
Musical Bridges Around the World
Anya Grokhovski has always surrounded herself with music. The daughter of a violinist in the Moscow Philharmonic as well as a doctorate-holding piano performer in her own right, she came to San Antonio to work in UTSA's music department. She brought the music she loved with her—she founded Musical Bridges Around the World to present unique sonic offerings in the city.
Now, more than a decade later, MBAW brings some of the world's finest performers to San Antonio stages. Their concerts and shows ring out in McAllister Auditorium, the 18th-century Cathedral of San Fernando, and in the ears of anyone who truly believes.
Laurie Auditorium at Trinity University
1 Trinity Pl.
San Antonio, Texas 78212