- $139 for a Hudson River kayaking day-trip with round-trip transit, breakfast, and sandbar BBQ
- Kayaking difficulty: moderate
- Upon purchase, you may schedule for one of the available dates
- You must reserve your date here in advance of the event
What to Bring:
- Water shoes, secure sandals, or sneakers
- Comfortable trail shoes, boots, or sneakers
- Layered clothes with rain jacket and hat
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- Waterproof daypack (or ziplock bag) to keep extra clothes, snacks, cameras, or the provided picnic lunch from getting wet during the trek
Each event is capped at 25 purchasers; each event requires a minimum of 10 purchasers in order to take place.
What You’ll Do
Framed by Storm King Mountain and Breakneck Ridge, the vast, burbling waters of the Hudson River feel like a far cry from the hustle and bustle of New York City. During this day-trip, you’ll explore the river’s scenic surroundings with a four-mile kayaking journey through open river and backwater environments. The route concludes at a private sandbar on Plum Point, where paddlers can unwind at a barbecue replete with music, horseshoes, frisbees, kites, and other games.
Groups will meet on the steps of the US Post Office across from Penn Station. Snacks and breakfast served en route.
Four Miles of Kayaking
You’ll circle Bannerman’s Castle—an early 20th century landmark on Pollepel Island—and explore the coastline near West Point.
Barbecue on a Private Sandbar
Quench appetites earned on the river with hot dogs, veggie burgers, beef sliders, pasta salad, and skewers of marinated shrimp and chicken, as well as plenty of cold soft drinks and water.
Guided Adventure Tours
The guides at Outdoor Connections plan their itineraries based on years of hiking, mountain climbing, and outdoor adventuring experience. They map out the most scenic, exciting routes—and handle everything from park fees to packing the picnic lunches. Their all-inclusive approach means all you have to do is show up ready for an adventure.