Rock 'n' roll is one of two jobs in which you are encouraged to set your tools on fire when you're done with them—the other, of course, is dentistry. Hear hot licks with this GrouponLive deal.
- $31.25 for one G-Pass to see John Fogerty (up to a $62.50 value)
- When: Tuesday, October 15, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Fillmore Auditorium
- Section: general-admission standing
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won't need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app.
- How you know him: as the lead singer and songwriter of swamp-rockers Creedence Clearwater Revival; as the solo artist behind "The Old Man Down The Road" and "Centerfield"
- CCR hits that showcase Fogerty's melodic growl: "Proud Mary," "Fortunate Son," "Run Through The Jungle," "Born on the Bayou"
- What Bruce Springsteen said about him at CCR's induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1993: "As a songwriter, only a few did as much in three minutes [as John Fogerty]."
- Other halls of fame he was inducted into: Songwriters Hall of Fame, Gravel-Drinkers Hall of Fame
- Title of his latest album, which features Fogerty singing his greatest hits with other musicians including Bob Seeger, Miranda Lambert, and Foo Fighters: Wrote A Song For Everyone
- What it means, according to Fogerty: “Every now and then, I did try and write a song for everyone, but it would all start because I would feel something deeply and personally that would mean a lot to me...I would try to make the statement larger than just myself, and so in some small way, some songs became universal."
- Title of his 1994 lawsuit: Fogerty v. Fantasy
- What it means: CCR's old record company, Fantasy, sued Fogerty for sounding like himself, claiming that "The Old Man Down The Road" was identical to "Run Through The Jungle"
- The winner: Fogerty, who often plays both songs in the same set
- How did he win?: boxing gloves