- One ticket to see José James
- When: Saturday, June 21 at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Charline McCombs Empire Theatre
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $15 for Value seating (up to $29 value)
- $22 for Advantage seating (up to $44 value)
- $35 for Superior seating (up to $69 value)
- $55 for Premium seating (up to $110 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.
- José James is: a jazz vocalist whose stylings incorporate hip-hop, R&B, and electronica
- His musical pedigree: he is the son of a Panamanian jazz saxophonist, attended New York's New School for Jazz and Contemporary Music, and was a finalist in the 2004 Thelonious Monk International Jazz Vocalist Competition
- How easily he jumps genres: he is known for collaborations with such acts as rapper Oh No and experimental producer Flying Lotus
- But his passion is still: jazz—as he explained to Billboard "When it's all said and done, jazz with a capital J is where I'm coming from."
- What The New York Times said about his 2013 album No Beginning No End: "[it] sounds like the result of the black-pop continuum, jazz and soul and hip-hop and R&B, slow-cooked for more than 50 years."
- His newest release: While You Were Sleeping, which dropped June 2, 2014
ARTS San Antonio
Although the River City certainly has always had its share of entertainment options, there used to be a surprising drought in performing arts. Luckily, ARTS San Antonio came along to bring cultural magic from around the country to Central Texas. Chicago's Joffrey Ballet, Ireland's Celtic Nights, and New York jazz vocalist José James have all been presented by ARTS SA to enrich the community. However, ARTS SA also nurtures and showcases the top talents of the Lone Star State, from hosting local piano virtuosos to teaching visual and performing arts to students and senior citizens.
ARTS San Antonio
ARTS San Antonio brings cultural magic from around the country to South Texas. Chicago’s Joffrey Ballet, Cuba’s Arturo Sandoval, and New York’s Spanish Harlem Orchestra have all been presented by ARTS SA to enrich the community.
“Great seats! Easy to access and no-hassle voucher transfer to tickets. A beautiful event!”
“The photo shoot wasn't very impressive. The photographer was hurried, didn't pose the group, and cut out pay off the nutcracker prop. The play, however, was fun....”
“The photo shoot wasn't very impressive. The photographer was hurried, didn't pose the group, and cut out pay off the nutcracker prop. The play, however, was fun. Worth it!”
“It was great!”
Charline McCombs Empire Theatre
226 N St. Mary's St.
San Antonio, Texas 78205Get Directions