Musicals have always brought impossible dreams to life on stage, from cats that can talk to humans who can sing in public without feeling weird. Escape from reality with this GrouponLive deal.
- $30 for one ticket to see Kaleidoscope Theatre’s production of Singin’ in the Rain (a $60 value)
- Where: McPherson Playhouse
- Seating: Balcony section
- Door time: One hour before the show
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
Dates and Times
- Friday, April 12, at 8 p.m.
- Saturday, April 13, at 8 p.m.
- Sunday, April 14, at 2 p.m.
Singin’ in the Rain
This tinsel-town classic tells a love story set amid Old Hollywood's tumultuous transition to talkies. Don Lockwood is a silent-star playboy until he meets ingénue Kathy Selden, a struggling singer looking for a break. Trouble comes in the form of blonde bombshell Lina Lamont, who must learn to properly speak for the new sound films before it's revealed that she traded voices with an enchanted screech owl for a cask of bootleg whiskey. Witty songs, romantic dances, silly pratfalls, and a pair of extremely wet feet are the only solution to this Gordian knot.
Five chandeliers light the historic 1914 McPherson Playhouse, whose staggered balconies face the gilt-framed stage where the Kaleidoscope performs most of its plays and holds all of its cast slumber parties. For almost 40 years, the theatre's artistic and technical staffers have enhanced classic plays, adaptations, and innovative new works with lush staging, rich storytelling, and modern themes to appeal to younger audiences.