Comedy has long been used to subvert the established order, shedding light on modern life's pervasive absurdities and fomenting distrust of potentially seltzer-filled boutonnieres. Discover some rollicking truths with this GrouponLive deal.
- $25 for one tickets to Laugh for Lions VIII starring Dat Phan and Michael Winslow (up to a $45 value). Food and drinks, including beer and wine, are complimentary with event admission.
- When: Saturday, August 24. The benefit begins at 6 p.m., and the comedy show begins at 7:35 p.m.
- Where: Mamiya Theatre
- Seating: reserved general admission
- Door time: 5:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
Laughs for Lions VIII starring Dat Phan and Michael Winslow
The Kamehameha Lions Club Foundation has created a potent formula: a combination of charity and chuckles. Now in its eighth iteration, Laughs for Lions gives audiences a chance to help fund LEO Club scholarships to schools such as Sacred Hearts Academy, La Pietra School for Girls, and Kalani High School, as well as other charities and community-service projects fueled by the Lions Club. After a pre-party at which guests view items available for a celebrity silent auction, and purchase light snacks and beverages, the show begins. In addition to emcee Dat Phan and headliner Michael Winslow, comedians Ron McGehee, Kerri Pomarolli, and The Great Baloni also perform.
Original winner of Last Comic Standing
Comedian known as the “Man of 10,000 Sound Effects,” as seen in all seven Police Academy films
Warning: contains the sounds of a tennis match, but it’s not really a tennis match