Conductors got their name by both guiding orchestras and wielding copper batons that deflect lightning away from the brass section. Behold an electrifying performance with this GrouponLive deal.
- Two tickets to see a concert in the Lake Tahoe SummerFest Concert Series
- When: select dates, August 2–18
- Where: Sierra Nevada College
- Seating: one hour before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view performance dates and times.
- $25 for two tickets in the upper orchestra section (up to a $53 value)
- $45 for two tickets in the middle orchestra section (up to a $103 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.
Lake Tahoe SummerFest Concert Series
- For an operatic concert that starts with Mozart, ends with Beethoven, and journeys through a cycle of love in the middle, see Frederica von Stade, mezzo-soprano
- To hear von Stade and Maestro Joel Revsen paint a sonic picture of Paris, see Frederica von Stade, the Impressionist and the Romantics
- For musical re-tellings of Shakespearean tales and Dead Man Walking, see Family Concert Sunday: Frederica von Stade
- For four strings, 88 keys, two musicians, 20 fingernails, and a performance of Mendelssohn's double concerto, see Jennifer Koh & Benjamin Hochman
- For a Tchaikovsky quartet that made Tolstoy weep and brought Helen Keller to tears when she felt it through a tabletop's vibration, see Around the World with Stellar Musicians
- For a jaunt through the woods with Prokofiev's Peter and the Wolf, see Family Concert: Jennifer Koh
- To hear soloist Chris Brubeck play the work of composer Chris Brubeck in front of their biggest fan, Chris Brubeck, see Chris Brubeck, Meredith Clark, Demarre McGill
- For an octet of strings and winds playing a piece Schubert wrote before turning 25, see Chamber Music Concert: Two Glories of Vienna
- For a trombone telling of a Mark Twain's “The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County,” featuring a composition by Chris Brubeck, see Family Concert: Chris Brubeck, featured composer
Lake Tahoe SummerFest
Inspired by Nevada’s abundance of awe-inspiring beauty and naturally formed concert shells, Dr. Madylon Meiling founded Lake Tahoe SummerFest to match the bounty of nature with some of humankind’s most captivating creative achievements. For nearly the entire month of August, her series fills the grounds of Sierra Nevada College with music, much of it under the able baton of Maestro Joel Revzen. Revzen’s resumé includes stints with the Metropolitan Orchestra and the Prague Symphony, two recordings with the London Symphony Orchestra, and a Grammy-winning release with Arleen Auger.