Smooth jazz is the sound of sophistication, unlike rough jazz, which is the sound of Louis Armstrong blasting chili out of his trumpet. Lend your ear to upscale scales with this GrouponLive deal.
- Two tickets to the Litchfield Jazz Festival and two beers
- When: August 9, 10, and 11
- Where: The Goshen Fairgrounds
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $34 for two tickets for lawn seating and two beers (up to an $82 total value)
- $64 for two tickets for tent seating and two beers (up to a $132 total value)
- Friday, August 9, at 5 p.m.
- Saturday, August 10, at 12 p.m.
- Sunday, August 11, at 12 p.m.
- Click to view the full lineup.
On Friday, the gates open at 5 p.m. and the festivities start at 5:45 p.m. On Saturday and Sunday, gates open and music starts at noon. Kids 12 and younger regularly receive free admission to the lawn.
Litchfield Jazz Festival
- To see how far a 22-year-old, award-winning piano prodigy has come since he began playing at age 3, see: Emmet Cohen Trio
- To witness the alchemy of a Tony-winner pairing up with a young Carnegie Hall and Blue Note veteran: "Strings Attached!" Christin Ebersole & Aaron Weinstein Trio
- To bop to the low beat of a baritone saxophonist, bebop artisan, six-time Grammy winner, and Litchfield artist-in-residence, see: Gary Smulyan
- To hear the band that caused a dangerous outbreak of spontaneous car-dancing on All Things Considered, see: The Val Ramos Flamenco Ensemble
- To hear the Williams College Gospel Choir join a venerated jazz bassist, composer, and arranger, see: Avery Sharpe Gospel Explosion & Sacred Songs
- To hear rich, Broadway-tested vocal talent that was first discovered hidden inside a college linebacker, see: Gregory Porter
- For Puerto Rican, American, and Cuban sounds from a band helmed by an NEA Jazz Master and nine-time Grammy winner, see: Eddie Palmieri Latin Jazz Band
- For a piano, bass, and drum trio led by a man who's collaborated with both Mos Def and the Mingus Big Band, see: Orrin Evans Trio
- For a singer who leads a double-life—artist and college professor by day, Newsday-lauded jazz singer by night—see: Chet Baker Project with June Bisantz
- For five jazz gurus resurrecting the music of John Coltrane and Cannonball Adderley, see: Vincent Herring - Eric Alexander Quintet featuring Harold Mabern
- For Afro–Puerto Rican jazz from one of Eddie Palmieri's protégés, see: Papo Vázquez Mighty Pirates Troubadours
Tips from Groupon Customers
“Great music without struggling with large criada.”
The Goshen Fairgrounds
116 Old Middle St.
Goshen, Connecticut 06756