Seeing one of your favorite bands is a transcendent experience, like seeing your favorite actor play your favorite president. Spoil your senses with this GrouponLive deal.
- One G-Pass to the Under the Sun Tour with Smash Mouth, Sugar Ray, and Gin Blossoms
- When: Sunday, August 4, at 6 p.m.
- Where: Newport Yachting Center
- Door time: 4:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $20 for general-admission standing room (up to a $43 value)
- $25 for rows 13–24 of section A or E (up to a $58.50 value)
- $30 for rows 18–22 or section B or D (up to a $69.50 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won't need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app.
Under the Sun Tour 2013
- Bands you’ll see on the tour: Smash Mouth, Sugar Ray, Gin Blossoms, and Fastball
- '90s hits you'll hear at the concert: Smash Mouth's "All Star," Sugar Ray's "Fly," and Gin Blossoms' "Found Out About You"
- New tunes you'll hear: the titular single from Smash Mouth's 2012 release Magic
- Where you may have spotted Smash Mouth lead singer Steve Harwell: on the cast of the sixth season of VH1's The Surreal Life
- Gift ideas for the Smash Mouth fan who has everything: the band's 2012 cookbook, Recipes from the Road
- Sugar Ray's Mark McGrath's thoughts on touring with hits from the ‘90s, according to Rolling Stone: "People always want to revive memories. 'I met my wife and 'Every Morning' was on,' or ’Fly’ was the first song my kid ever sang.' You can't take that memory away. Call it nostalgia. Call it whatever you want. I'm calling it the Under the Sun tour."
- Gin Blossoms' most recent album: No Chocolate Cake, released on September 28, 2010
- Most downloaded album on Amazon.com on September 28, 2010: No Chocolate Cake
- Most common snack on Gin Blossoms’ tour bus: definitely not chocolate cake
- The worst year to be any Austin band besides Fastball: 1998, when they won "Best Video," "Best Pop," * "Best Single," "Album of the Year," and "Band of the Year" at the Austin Music Awards
- Unexpected connection between Fastball and Ian McKellen: like the knighted actor, the band once sported the name "Magneto"