Without circuses, grownups could only relive their childhoods by wearing oversize trench coats and pretending to be two kids pretending to be an adult. Step right up to this GrouponLive deal to see Cirque Banquisté, presented by Lone Star Circus at the Rosewood Center for Family Arts. Choose from the following options:
- For $20, you get one ticket for section B seating (up to a $40 value, including all fees) for 12/27, 12/30, or 1/1.
- For $39, you get two tickets for section B seating (up to an $80 value, including all fees) for 12/27, 12/30, or 1/1.
- For $69, you get a VIP ticket package for one (up to a $200 value, including all fees) for 12/31.
- For $119, you get a VIP ticket package for two (up to a $400 value, including all fees) for 12/31.
The VIP show takes place on Monday, December 31. VIP packages include the following for each person:
- One ticket for section A seating
- Meet and greet with the performers
- Champagne toast and hors d’oeuvres
Show times are as follows:
- Thursday, December 27th at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, December 30th at 7:30 p.m.
- Monday, December 31st at 6:30 p.m. (special VIP show)
- Tuesday, January 1st at 2:00 p.m.
Directed by eighth-generation circus performer and Lone Star Circus founder Fanny Kerwich, Cirque Banquisté delights audiences of all ages with magnificent displays of flexibility, agility, and grace. Aerialists scoff at gravity as they twist and flip through the air, and a juggler and a balancing duo bend physics to suit their needs. Proving that comedy isn’t limited to bipedal performers, clowns and trained dogs perform heartwarming, rib-tickling acts.
VIP ticketholders can kick off New Year's Eve celebrations by taking in the dazzling performance. A meet and greet with the performers, accented with platters of finger food and a champagne toast, encourages dialogue about how to shoot oneself out of a cannon properly. Seats in section A abut the stage, allowing spectators to see every sequin up close and shake feet with the aerialists.
Children 3 and younger are welcome to sit on a guardian's lap for an additional $6.
Lone Star Circus School
Fanny Kerwich, Lone Star Circus’s founder and current creative director, was born with the circus in her blood. An eighth-generation member of a renowned French circus family, she has been performing since age 6, delighting international audiences at Paris’s Lido and Moulin Rouge, Germany’s Circus Roncalli, and San Francisco’s Teatro ZinZanni.
Fanny’s performing experience and artistic vision now guide the nonprofit Lone Star Circus, which is a two-branched operation. Its performance troupe’s grace and athleticism shine during shows such as the upcoming winter spectacle, Cirque Banquisté. The circus’s school hosts classes for youngsters and adults, teaching them how to swing from trapezes, scale silks, and contort their frames so they can more accurately pantomime what Gumby would look like during a high-speed car chase.