- One ticket to see Next to Normal
- When: August 29–September 29
- Where: Lower Ossington Theatre
- Door time: one hour before showtime
- Click here to see available dates and times.
- $24.50 for the floor or reserved section (a $49 value)
- $29.50 for the premium section (a $59 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.
Next to Normal
The original Broadway cast of Next to Normal perform "Superboy and the Invisible Girl" at the 2009 Tony Awards
In this stirring edition of the original rock opera, the Goodman family sings of its unraveling behind a façade of normalcy as mother Diana struggles against the danger of her worsening bipolar disorder and the deadening effect of her prescription medication. Her husband, Dan, wants to help Diana cope, but must overcome his own depression, and their overachieving daughter, Natalie, can’t seem to step out of her brother’s shadow. A series of doctors supplies a steady stream of pharmacological solutions, but when the pain reaches as deep as Diana’s, the remedy must come from a truer place. What follows is an exploration of memory, loss, and the way society treats those afflicted with mental illness.
When it first opened on Broadway in 2009, Next to Normal racked up 11 Tony nominations and three wins, including Best Score and Best Orchestrations. In 2010, the play took home the Pulitzer for Drama—joining an exclusive, no-kazoos-allowed club of eight musicals to have earned the honor.