Laughter can make your sides ache, a sensation produced by the sudden draining of the despair reservoirs under your ribs. Feel a pleasant pain with this GrouponLive deal.
- Admission to a standup comedy show
- When: select shows through Thursday, October 31
- Where: performances are held at various locations. See the schedule for specific venues.
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 30 minutes prior to showtime.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view a schedule of upcoming acts.
- $10 for two tickets to a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Sunday show (up to a $20 value)
- $15 for two tickets to a Thursday show (up to a $30 value)
Brian Parise (October)
Jeff Maurer (October)
Other LYGO Performing Acts
First things first: the letters stand for "Laugh Your Grits Off." Second things first: the name springs from LYGO's early beginnings, when the group hosted Sunday brunch comedy shows. The combination of food, mimosas, and some of the city's best up-and-coming comedians caught on, and soon the company was organizing post-breakfast standup shows throughout the city. But while their menu may have expanded, the goals of LYGO remain the same: to bring comedy to a wider DC audience, promote a greater sense of community amongst comedians, and to provide performers an opportunity to launch and build on their careers, both in and out of the city.
All the comedians were hilariousAllie S., Yelp, 4/29/13