Concerts, like dimly lit chandeliers, are more impressive outdoors and are more enchanting when adorned with strategically placed glow sticks. Illuminate your experience with this GrouponLive deal.
- $39 for one general-admission day-pass to Maverick Music Festival (up to $52.25 value)
- Where: La Villita
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the lineup.
Dates and Times * Friday, March 21, at 5:30 p.m. * Saturday, March 22, at 11 a.m.
Maverick Music Festival
- What it is: a music festival in the heart San Antonio’s historic arts village
- Why it’s called Maverick: it was named after Mayor Maury Maverick, who spared La Villita from demolition in the 1930s; plus, it’s a pretty awesome name
- Who’s headlining Friday night: trip-hop duo Phantogram
- Where you’ve heard them: collaborating with the Flaming Lips and Big Boi, or on their latest release, Voices
- Who’s headlining Saturday night: The Psychedelic Furs
- How you know them: they sang “Pretty in Pink” in the John Hughes film of the same name
- Who else is performing: The Joy Formidable and the psychedelic Roky Erickson on Friday; George Lewis’s synth-pop outfit Twin Shadow and ’90s alternarockers Candlebox on Saturday
- What to throw money at: handcrafted goods from local artists, vinyl records, musical instruments at the Bizarre Bazaar, and any stranger you fee like
La Villita in Downtown San Antonio
418 Villita St.
San Antonio, Texas 78205Get Directions