Concerts, like dimly lit chandeliers, are more impressive outdoors and are more enchanting when adorned with strategically placed glow sticks. Illuminate your experience with this GrouponLive deal.
- $39 for one general-admission day-pass to Maverick Music Festival (up to $52.25 value)
- Where: La Villita
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the lineup.
Dates and Times * Friday, March 21, at 5:30 p.m. * Saturday, March 22, at 11 a.m.
Maverick Music Festival
- What it is: a music festival in the heart San Antonio’s historic arts village
- Why it’s called Maverick: it was named after Mayor Maury Maverick, who spared La Villita from demolition in the 1930s; plus, it’s a pretty awesome name
- Who’s headlining Friday night: trip-hop duo Phantogram
- Where you’ve heard them: collaborating with the Flaming Lips and Big Boi, or on their latest release, Voices
- Who’s headlining Saturday night: The Psychedelic Furs
- How you know them: they sang “Pretty in Pink” in the John Hughes film of the same name
- Who else is performing: The Joy Formidable and the psychedelic Roky Erickson on Friday; George Lewis’s synth-pop outfit Twin Shadow and ’90s alternarockers Candlebox on Saturday
- What to throw money at: handcrafted goods from local artists, vinyl records, musical instruments at the Bizarre Bazaar, and any stranger you fee like