Soul music is filled with strong emotions, much like the comment box at a hotel whose "continental breakfast" is just cereal. Feel the passion with this GrouponLive deal.
- One ticket to see Maxwell
- When: Tuesday, July 8, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Heinz Hall for the Performing Arts
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $35 for gallery section rows L–W (up to $58.75 value)
- $40 for orchestra section rows AA–GG or Family Circle (up to $63.75 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.
- Full name: Gerald Maxwell Rivera
- How he arrived on the music scene: fully formed, with 1996’s neo-soul masterpiece Maxwell’s Urban Hang Suite
- What he did next: put out two solid studio albums and an MTV Unplugged album that cemented his place as the true heir of Marvin Gaye
- Why you didn’t hear from him for a while after that: he sat silent for the next eight years, singing only for intimate audiences and the super fans who bugged his shower
- When that changed: in 2009 with the release of BLACKsummers’night, which rocketed to the top of the Billboard 200 and garnered him two Grammy wins
- Indicative song from that album: “Pretty Wings,” which deconstructs the unraveling of a passionate relationship
“Love the entertainment groupons!”
Heinz Hall for the Performing Arts
600 Penn Ave
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15222