Every music fan dreams of being called up onto the stage at a concert to sing alongside their favorite vocalist, and, in a carefree moment, lift their elbows in rhythm. Be free with this GrouponLive deal.
- One G-Pass to Men of Soul
- When: Sunday, September 29, at 7 p.m.
- Where: Saenger Theatre
- Door time: 6 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $40 for orchestra, rows AA–LL (up to an $84.35 value)
- $45 for orchestra, rows A–Z (up to an $89.45 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won't need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app.
Men of Soul
- The men: Jeffrey Osborne, Peabo Bryson, Freddie Jackson, and Howard Hewitt
- The sound: intimate yet innocent old school slow jams that popularized the "quiet storm" radio format
- Jeffrey Osborne's prior occupation: frontman of L.T.D.
- Jeffrey Osborne songs that trump Valentine candies and flowers: "You Should Be Mine (The Woo Woo Song)," "Stay With Me Tonight"
- Peabo Bryson, according to the New York Times: “the Pavarotti of soul singers”
- Peabo Bryson duets that scored consecutive Academy Awards: “Beauty and the Beast” with Celine Dion and “A Whole New World (Aladdin’s Theme)” with Regina Belle
- Freddie Jackson's full name: Frederick Jackson
- Freddie Jackson tracks that define the "sophisticated soul" invasion of the '80s: "You Are My Lady," "I Don't Want to Lose Your Love"
- Howard Hewitt's previous gig: lead singer of Shalamar
- Howard Hewitt hits that make hearts flutter: "I'm For Real," "Say Amen"