Musicals allow troubled characters to express their emotions in song, much like therapy sessions scheduled on karaoke night. Let it all out with this GrouponLive deal.
- One ticket to see Menopause The Musical, presented by GFour Productions
- When: July 31–August 3
- Where: The Center For The Arts Springer Concert Hall
- Door time: one hour before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees
- $26 for balcony seating (up to $35 value)
- $32 for mid- to back-orchestra or front-balcony seating (up to $45 value)
- $38 for front-orchestra seating, only available August 2 or 3 (up to $55 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart
Menopause The Musical
Menopause The Musical has painted a vivid, rib-tickling portrait of four women confronting the troubles of middle age for audiences in hundreds of cities all over the world. The show tells the story of four strangers, meeting by chance at a department-store lingerie sale, who begin to commiserate on the travails of menopause, including hot flashes, mood swings, and spontaneously breaking out in song-and-dance routines. Parodying a suite of hits from the '60s, '70s, and '80s, the musical's jaunty tunes encourage dialogue about women's health while eliciting copious chortles of recognition from guests.
GFour Productions' theatrical achievements are in its numbers: 37 Tony Awards glistening in their trophy cases, 46 Drama Desk Awards, and more than 200 cities visited. Yet what allowed those numbers to reach such staggering heights is far from formulaic and much more complex than ballot-stuffing. Since the company burst onto the theatre scene in 1981, it has produced Broadway masterpieces starring Liza Minelli, Anthony Quinn, and Twiggy, as well as shows written by David Mamet, Arthur Miller, and Dolly Parton. Recently it has continued its trend-setting ways by staging the Tony-winning The Book of Mormon and the Off-West End I Love You Because.
The Center For The Arts Springer Concert Hall
2800 Victory Boulevard
Building 1P, Room 116
Staten Island, New York 10314