Classical music boosts listeners' brain functions and energy levels, which is why every child should ingest a well-rounded harpsichord each morning. Treat your noggin to a mellifluous meal with this GrouponLive deal.
- $7 for one ticket to a Mesquite Symphony Orchestra performance (up to $12 value)
- Where: Mesquite Arts Center
- Section: general admission
- Door time: one hour before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
- Music of the Season on Saturday, December 21, at 7 p.m.
- MSO Pops – Movie Stars on Saturday, February 1, at 7:30 p.m.
- Not Just for Kids on Saturday, March 29, at 7 p.m.
- Masterworks – Beethoven on Saturday, May 3, at 7:30 p.m.<p>
Mesquite Symphony Orchestra 2013–14 Season
- For classic holiday pieces including Handel’s Messiah and selections from Tchaikovsky’s The Nutcracker suite, accompanied by the Sunnyvale Mixed Choir called Daybreak, see Music of the Season
- For florid interpretations of favorite silver-screen themes that’ll leave audiences thirsting for a big glass of popcorn butter, see MSO Pops – Movie Stars
- To hear the soaring sounds of a Quidditch match and the haunting melodies of a wizard’s coming of age without spending 19 hours and 38 minutes in a movie theater, see “Not Just For Kids,” a showcase of music from the Harry Potter films
- To hear featured solo pianist Octavio Gutierrez join the orchestra as they take on the Egmont Overture, Piano Concerto No. 3, and Symphony No. 1, see Masterworks – Beethoven<p>
Mesquite Symphony Orchestra
Similar to some European traditions, the musicians of the Mesquite Symphony Orchestra believe every village and town should have its own ensemble. Therefore, each volunteers his or her time for the community, forsaking money for the sheer thrill of playing the music they love. This passion permeates each of concert, too, drawing in many of North Texas’s top musicians. And the ensemble been at it for more than 27 years, triumphing as an essential force of the region’s cultural climate while cultivating new crops of classical musical lovers.<p>