It takes more than good cooking to be considered a chef—it also takes business cards shaped like lil’ shrimps. Learn the trade with this GrouponLive deal.
- Admission to MetroCooking DC
- When: Saturday, November 2, and Sunday, November 3, at 10 a.m.
- Where: Walter E. Washington Convention Center
- Ticket values include all fees. <p>
For $15, you get a Marketplace general-admission ticket valid for Saturday, which includes access to the Holiday Bazaar, tasting and entertaining workshops, Food Lion Cooking Stage, and book signings (up to a $29 value)
For $15, you get the above Marketplace general-admission ticket valid for Sunday (up to a $29 value)
For $89, you get:
- General admission for one to see Ina Garten at Lisner Auditorium on Wednesday, March 5, 2014, at 6:30 p.m. (up to a $166.50 value). The Emmy-winning host of the Food Network cooking show Barefoot Contessa, Garten will be interviewed onstage by Bonnie Benwick—Deputy Food Editor and Recipe Editor at The Washington Post.
- Admission to the Grand Tasting Pavilion, Celebrity Theater, and Marketplace general-admission on Sunday, November 3.<p>
- Chefs who will grace the cooking show’s celebrity stage: Jason Roberts, Debi Mazar, Gabriele Corcos, Brad Turner, and Uncle Millie
- Her other honors include: a Daytime Emmy
- How you know New Zealand-native chef Jason Roberts: he’s a cast member of The Chew
- The good things Roberts does: lives by the motto, “A family that cooks together, stays together,” and teaches underserved families how to prepare healthy foods
- In a past life, Brad Turner was: Sergeant First Class Turner
- His nom de cooking: the Grill Sergeant
- If all the chefs contributing samples to the Grand Tasting were a Major League Baseball team, they would have to kick off players to abide by the 40-man rule
- Some of the things visitors can learn during workshops: how to write a cookbook, how to prepare breakfast in bed, how to create a dessert buffet<p>
Walter E. Washington Convention Center
801 Mt Vernon Pl NW
Washington, DC 20001