Professional chefs generally know more than the average cook, including how to remove the poisonous glands from onions. Dine out with this GrouponLive deal.
- Admission to MetroCooking Houston
- When: Saturday, September 14, 10 a.m.–6 p.m., or Sunday, September 15, 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Where: Reliant Center
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $15 for a one-day Marketplace general-admission ticket valid for either day (up to a $29.25 value), including digital downloads of The Tiny Kitchen and The Bachelor's Tiny Kitchen, and a free cupcake from The Cupcake Cowgirls (does not include access to the Celebrity Theater demonstrations)
- $35 for a one-day Theater pass for either day (up to a $70.75 value), including all demonstrations in the Celebrity Theater plus access to a cupcake demo by The Cupcake Cowgirls, digital downloads of The Tiny Kitchen and The Bachelor's Tiny Kitchen, and a free cupcake from The Cupcake Cowgirls
See the schedule of celebrity presentations.
- Chefs who will grace the festival's celebrity stage: Sunny Anderson, Brad Turner, "Chefletes" Dan Pastorini and Earl Campbell, Martie Duncan, Debi Mazar, and Paula Deen
- Food Network Star finalist Martie Duncan will be joined onstage by: American Idol winner Taylor Hicks
- In a past life, Brad Turner was: Sergeant First Class Turner
- His nom de cooking: the Grill Sergeant
- Sunny Anderson's TV shows include: How'd That Get on My Plate?, which follows single ingredients from farms and factories to the table
- Before she co-hosted the Cooking Channel's Extra Virgin, Debi Mazar had pivotal roles in Goodfellas and Entourage and a stint on Dancing with the Stars
- What's a "cheflete"?: an athlete turned chef
- Besides barbecue recipes, Dan Pastorini and Earl Campbell are known for: leading the Oakland Raiders to a Super Bowl victory and winning the Heisman Trophy, respectively
- If all the Houston chefs contributing samples to the Grand Tasting were a Major League Baseball team, they would have to: kick off players to abide by the 40-man rule
- Some of the things visitors can learn during workshops: how to bake a fluffy cupcake, how to perfectly grill a steak without a single menacing glare
1 Reliant Park
Houston, Texas 77054