Professional chefs generally know more than the average cook, including how to remove the poisonous glands from onions. Dine out with this GrouponLive deal.
- Admission to MetroCooking Houston
- When: Saturday, September 14, from 10a.m.–6 p.m. and Sunday, September 15, from 11 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Where: Reliant Center
- Ticket values include all fees.
- For $15, you get a one-day Marketplace general admission ticket valid for either day (up to a $29.25 value) and one cupcake from The Cupcake Cowgirls.
- For $59, you get a one-day theater pass for either day that includes access to a cupcake demo by The Cupcake Cowgirls in the Celebrity Theater, one cupcake from The Cupcake Cowgirls, and digital downloads of The Tiny Kitchen and The Bachelor's Tiny Kitchen.
- For $69, you get a Groupon-exclusive package that includes a one-day theater pass for September 15 plus Sunny's Kitchen cookbook signed by Sunny Anderson, access to cupcake demo by The Cupcake Cowgirls in the Celebrity Theater, one cupcake from The Cupcake Cowgirls, and digital downloads of The Tiny Kitchen and The Bachelor's Tiny Kitchen.
- For $79, you get a Groupon-exclusive package that include a one-day theater pass for September 15 plus admission to the Sunny Anderson book signing, Sunny's Kitchen cookbook for her to sign, access to cupcake demo by The Cupcake Cowgirls in the Celebrity Theater, one cupcake from The Cupcake Cowgirls, and digital downloads of The Tiny Kitchen and The Bachelor's Tiny Kitchen
Day passes include unreserved or open seating at all celebrity presentations and access to the marketplace.
- Chefs who will grace the festival's celebrity stage: Sunny Anderson, Brad Turner, "Chefletes" Dan Pastorini and Earl Campbell, Martie Duncan, and Debi Mazar
- Food Network Star finalist Martie Duncan will be joined onstage by: American Idol winner Taylor Hicks
- In a past life, Brad Turner was: Sergeant First Class Turner
- His nom de cooking: the Grill Sergeant
- Sunny Anderson's TV shows include: How'd That Get on My Plate?, which follows single ingredients from farms and factories to the table
- Before she co-hosted the Cooking Channel's Extra Virgin, Debi Mazar had pivotal roles in Goodfellas and Entourage and a stint on Dancing with the Stars
- What's a "cheflete"?: an athlete turned chef
- Besides barbecue recipes, Dan Pastorini and Earl Campbell are known for: leading the Oakland Raiders to a Super Bowl victory and winning the Heisman Trophy, respectively
- Some of the things visitors can learn during workshops: how to bake a fluffy cupcake, how to perfectly grill a steak without a single menacing glare
Metropolitan Cooking & Entertaining Show
1 Reliant Park
Houston, TX 77054