The best children’s shows place a high premium on audience interaction, unlike the opera or traffic court. Rustle up some kid-friendly fun with this GrouponLive deal to the Holiday Circus at New Millennium Theatre. For $35, you get a ticket package (up to a $69.99 total value) that includes:
- One ticket for seating in the left or right orchestra (up to a $59.99 value, including all fees)
- A postshow meet and greet with Santa (a $10 value)
Doors open 30 minutes before each performance. Choose from the following shows:
- Friday, December 21, at 7 p.m.
- Saturday, December 22, at 3 p.m. or 7 p.m.
- Sunday, December 23, at 3 p.m. or 7 p.m.
- Monday, December 24, at 3 p.m. or 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 25, at 3 p.m. or 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 26, at 3 p.m. or 7 p.m.
- Thursday, December 27, at 3 p.m. or 7 p.m.
- Friday, December 28, at 3 p.m. or 7 p.m.
- Saturday, December 29, at 3 p.m. or 7 p.m.
- Sunday, December 30, at 3 p.m. or 7 p.m.
The New Millennium Theatre celebrates the season with a fun-filled circus of capering clowns, amazing feats, and Christmas cheer. A veteran of Ringling Brothers and the Big Apple Circus, professional clown Joe Barney performs as Santa Claus and emcees acts with jolly verve. An all-star lineup of fellow clowns shares the stage, riding unicycles and demonstrating their scorn for properly sized shoes. Ruslan Dmytruk continues the legacy of his acrobatic family by fully inhabiting his alter ego "Mask," a mysterious figure who dons a scarlet unitard, a red-tailed coat, and a calm white mask to wow showgoers with fabulous displays of juggling. Magician Brad Ross displays jaw-dropping illusions, vanishing assistants behind flags or conjuring three-dimensional bowling balls from flat pieces of paper while maintaining rib-tickling patter. Irina Markova and her troupe of trained dogs elicit aws while they prance about the stage in carefully choreographed canine routines, such as paws-up conga lines and leaps through hoops.
After the show, a meet and greet with the Santa-suited Barney gives kids the chance to meet their yearly toy benefactor in person. Guests who tote along their own cameras can snap posed pictures, capturing moments to add festive flair to mantels.
Master Theater often hosts visiting Eastern European artists on its modern, LED-equipped stage. The 1,400 plush seats have been privy to performances from ballets to rock concerts, the tunes of Ray Charles to the jokes of Jackie Mason, bringing culture to audiences without putting them through an etiquette course.
New Millennium Theatre
1029 Brighton Beach Ave.
Brooklyn, New York 11235