- One ticket to see The Wizard of Oz
- Where: The Ed Mirvish Theatre
- Door time: One hour before the show
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
- $49 for rows O–U in the orchestra centre section, rows G-P in the orchestra side sections, or rows D–K in the mezzanine (up to a $118 value)
- $79 for rows D–N in the orchestra section or rows AA–C in the mezzanine section (up to a $141 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.
- Click here to view all available show options.<p>
The Wizard of Oz
Andrew Lloyd Webber's newest stage musical invites audiences back to a place they know and love—the Land of Oz. After a tornado transports her to a land of Technicolor munchkins, diametrically opposed witches, and flashy foot fashions, Dorothy and her puppy Toto seek the wisdom of the country's Wizard-in-Chief. Along the way, the duo connects with a familiar cast: the Tin Man who wants a heart, the Scarecrow who seeks a brain, and the Cowardly Lion who's on a quest for courage. Singing all the tunes from the original film (along with a handful of new ones), the multi-species quintet learns the true meaning of adventure, friendship, and hydrophobia. Times have changed since the 1939 movie floored its audiences with high-tech colourization, but this live stage production keeps the wonder intact with mind-boggling costumes and special effects. Debris whooshes across the backdrop as the tornado visibly engulfs poor Dorothy, culminating in the appearance of a stage-spanning rainbow and the friendly Munchkin village. When the Wicked Witch of the West appears, she does so in fire and smoke—the latter at her feet, the former from the end of her magic wand. The viridian-skinned enchantress later takes to her ominous iron tower to sing the brand-new song, “Red Shoes Blues.”
Ed Mirvish Theatre
244 Victoria St.
Toronto, Ontario M5B 1V8Get Directions