Going to see _The Nutcracker_ is a holiday tradition as beloved as whittling effigies of your loved ones, or feigning delight upon being given yet another effigy. Watch woodwork come to life with this GrouponLive deal.
- One ticket to see Moscow Ballet's Great Russian Nutcracker
- When: Wednesday, December 18, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Center for the Arts Concert Hall
- Door time: 7:00 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $36 for seating in the grand tier section in rows MM-QQ, plus a DVD of the show (a $73 value)
- $54 for seating in the grand tier section in rows GG-LL, plus a nutcracker (a $108 value)
- $76 for seating in the orchestra section, plus a DVD of the show and a nutcracker (a $153 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.
Moscow Ballet's Great Russian Nutcracker
The spirit of Tchaikovsky guides Moscow Ballet’s professional ballerinas as they leap and pirouette against nine hand-painted backgrounds that invigorate his spirited score in time for the holiday season. Great Russian Nutcracker reintroduces audiences of all ages to young Masha, whose taste for adventure rivals her magical wooden doll’s legendary aversion to chestnuts. Dancers fling themselves across the stage in grand jetés as the curtain opens on Moscow’s iconic skyline, which gives way to a spooky dreamland as the Mouse King rears his fuzzy head to stir up mischief. Audiences gasp as legions of mice capture Masha’s strong-jawed companion and carry him away in front of a lavishly decorated Christmas tree that grows to a height of more than 60 feet and a population of more than 600 squirrels. Live orchestral accompaniment blares during the ensuing battle and ushers the action into the enchanted land of the Sugar Plum Fairy in the ballet's second act.
Russian designer Valentin Fedorov’s 3-D backdrops pay homage to the snowy forests of his homeland, and the puppets that dance alongside the ballerinas nod to the mysterious felt creatures that roam the foothills of Siberia. Moscow Ballet selects its soloists from Moscow’s finest crop of dancers, and up to 60 local children traditionally get the chance to twirl their little feet with the company in walk-on roles.
95% of 42 customers recommend
“It is amazing. Breathtaking. I am deffinatly will go again. ”