- $28 for one ticket to see Music of the Beatles: Classical Mystery Tour with the New Jersey Symphony Orchestra (up to $61 value)
- When: Sunday, February 9, at 3 p.m.
- Where: State Theatre
- Seating: mid-orchestra, mid-balcony, or upper-balcony section
- Doortime: 2 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- View the seating charts for the orchestra and balcony sections.
Music of the Beatles: Classical Mystery Tour
Fifty years and two days after the Beatles first arrived in New York City, the faux Fab Four known as Classical Mystery Tour joins forces with the New Jersey Symphony Orchestra for a tribute like no other. Fullbright Grant–winner Martin Herman conducts the mop-topped quartet and the vacuum-headed orchestra as they play more than 20 classic Beatles tunes, spanning from the early years to the solo days. Audiences might experience "Penny Lane" with a live trumpet section, a symphonic rendition of "I Am the Walrus," or a stripped-down cover of "Yesterday" that reveals even more melancholy with just an acoustic guitar and a string quartet.
The State Theatre was saved, as its website states, from "the ravages of time." Built in 1921 as a vaudeville and silent-film palace, the venue fell on hard times in the 1970s. In 2003, however, a $3 million renovation restored the State Theatre to much of its original glory, as crews painstakingly rehabbed the ornamental plaster, terracotta exterior, and actor holding cells. Inside the theater, a stunning chandelier sparkles more brightly than ever below the venue's signature dome.
15 Livingston Ave.
New Brunswick, New Jersey 08901
732-247-7200 x517Get Directions