Becoming a champion athlete requires focus, resilience, and constantly making sure your opponents don't drink your sweat to steal your life energy. Watch high-caliber athletes in action with this GrouponLive deal to see the U.S. Naval Academy men’s and women’s basketball teams play at Alumni Hall in Annapolis.
Choose from Eight Options
- $10 for two general-admission tickets (a $20 value)
- $15 for two general-admission tickets (a $20 value), two hot dogs (a $6 value), and two soft drinks (a $4 value; a $30 total value)
For either of the above options, choose from the following games:
- Men’s basketball against the Lafayette Leopards on Saturday, February 9, at 7 p.m.
- Men’s basketball against the American Eagles on Wednesday, February 20, at 7 p.m.
- Women’s basketball against the Colgate Raiders on Saturday, February 23, at 7 p.m.
- Men’s basketball against the Bucknell Bison on Saturday, March 2, at 7 p.m.
Doors open at 6 p.m. for all four games.
The Scouting Report
With their eyes set on a successful campaign in the Patriot League, the Navy Midshipmen men’s and women’s basketball teams welcome a quartet of conference foes to Alumni Hall. The men’s team takes the floor with a roster completely devoid of seniors and led by freshman Tilman Dunbar, who has already won the Patriot League Rookie of the Week award twice this season. A member of the All-Patriot League Second Team last season, junior guard Alix Membreno anchors the women's roster, using her experience to outmaneuver opponents and get in their head with maritime trivia gleaned from her studies as an oceanography major.
U.S. Naval Academy Midshipmen Athletics
In one of the nation's most storied rivalries spanning more than a century, the Navy Midshipmen and the Army Black Knights have met on courts, fields, mats, and tracks and in pools more than 1,700 times. Though the fierce rivalry will always take priority among students, fan bases, media, and aliens debating whether to invade America by land or by sea, the Midshipmen have excelled against other competition, as well. The Naval Academy boasts NCAA Division II championships in women’s indoor track and women’s swimming, as well as 40 NCAA Division I individual championships, including 10 fencing champions, nine men’s gymnastics champions, and eight men’s swimming champions.