Going to a concert is an opportunity to be around a lot of people and maybe finally collect all those signatures you need to start selling fresh meat in your front yard. Be a part of something big with this GrouponLive deal.
- $33 for two tickets to see New York Banjo featuring Béla Fleck (up to a $66 value)
- When: Saturday, October 12, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Jorgensen Center for the Performing Arts
- Seating: lower balcony section
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
Parking in the North Garage is included, visit parking page for more info.
The value of this deal is based on regular ticket prices and doesn't reflect student, alumni, or youth discounts.
New York Banjo
- What to expect: feats of five-string mastery from Béla Fleck, Bill Keith, Eric Weissberg, Noam Pikelny, Richie Stearns, Tony Trischka, special guest Abigail Washburn, and an acoustic band
- How you know Béla Fleck: he's a former member of New Grass Revival and leader of acclaimed jazz-fusion act Béla Fleck and the Flecktones
- How many Grammy wins could Béla Fleck fleck if Béla Fleck could fleck Grammys: 15
- How many Grammys he's been nominated for: 30, and in more diverse categories than any other artist in Grammy history
- What inspired his love affair with the banjo?: Earl Scruggs's theme to The Beverly Hillbillies
- What makes special guest Abigail Washburn so special: she's a clawhammer banjo expert married to Béla Fleck, and everyone's special in their own way
- Bill Keith's claims to banjo fame: he's a former member of Bill Monroe's Bluegrass Boys, and he invented his own tuning peg
- Erick Weissberg's claim to the banjo throne: he's the guy who played the iconic "Dueling Banjos" in Deliverance
- Is the concert all bluegrass?: nope—the players mix it up with ol' timey country, rock, and jazz
- Any backup?: a fiddle, bass, mandolin, and guitar
Jorgensen Center for the Performing Arts
2132 Hillside Rd.
Storrs, Connecticut 06269