In much of the world, soccer is known as football and the American president is referred to as The Ameriking. Embrace cultural differences without using your hands with this Groupon.
- One ticket to see the New York Cosmos take on Minnesota United FC
- When: Monday, May 12, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Shuart Stadium at Hofstra University
- Door time: 90 minutes before game time
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
- $9 for one general-admission seat in the supporters area, located in sections 13, 13A, 13B, 14, and 14A (an $18 value)
- $19 for one center-circle seat located in sections 21–24 (a $39 value)
The Scouting Report
The match-up between the Cosmos and Minnesota United on May 12 could very well determine which team has the inside track to becoming champion of the North American Soccer League’s spring season. Both clubs have fought to the top of the standings behind stellar defensive output. In fact, through their first three games, the Cosmos have only allowed opponents to score one time. Goalkeeper Jimmy Maurer has played a major role in that dominance, as he’s utilized quick reflexes to patrol the net instead of barricading it with rows of clear glass bricks.
New York Cosmos
On June 17, 1985—after winning five North American League Soccer championships bringing some of soccer’s biggest names to the United States—the New York Cosmos played their last game in front of more than 8,500 fans at Giants Stadium. Nearly three decades of silence followed. But in 2013, the club was revived, much to the delight of the city’s fans and growing number of cobweb-covered soccer balls. That year, the Cosmos returned to the pitch and promptly re-established themselves as one of the NASL’s elite teams, capturing their sixth Soccer Bowl with a 1-0 victory over the Atlanta Silverbacks.
Shuart Stadium at Hofstra University
900 Fulton Ave.
Hempstead, New York 11550Get Directions