Contrary to popular belief, all the world is not a stage—sometimes people just say things to get attention. See an actual stage with this GrouponLive deal to see Irving Berlin’s White Christmas at Olmsted Performing Arts. Doors open one hour before the show. Choose between the following ticketing options:
- For $12, you get two tickets for orchestra level B or reserved seating (up to a $30 value).
- For $24, you get four tickets for orchestra level B or reserved seating (up to a $60 value).
Then choose one of the following performances:
- Friday, November 16, at 7 p.m.
- Saturday, November 17, at 2 p.m.
- Saturday, November 17, at 7 p.m.
- Friday, November 30, at 7 p.m.
- Saturday, December 1, at 2 p.m.
- Saturday, December 1, at 7 p.m.
- Sunday, December 2, at 2 p.m.
Olmsted Performing Arts simultaneously continues its 2012 season and rings in the holidays with White Christmas, Irving Berlin’s heartwarming musical adapted from the 1954 film of the same name. With a book by David Ives and Paul Blake, and a title song popularized by Bing Crosby, the Yuletide classic centers around Bob Wallace and Phil Davis, two World War II pals who have formed a successful song-and-dance duo. When they fall for two musically inclined sisters, they follow the siblings to a Vermont ski lodge coincidentally owned by their former commander. Things aren’t as merry as they seem, however, for the lodge is in danger of closing due to a lack of snow. In an attempt to save the wintertime paradise, the characters all band together to perform a nationally televised broadcast of Bob and Phil’s latest show. With festive costumes and nostalgic backdrops to complement the wistful score, White Christmas enraptures the audience with the magic of holiday miracles and shared disdain of weathermen everywhere.
Olmstead Performance Arts
6941 Columbia Rd.
Olmsted Falls, OH 44138