Contrary to popular belief, all the world is not a stage—sometimes people just say things to get attention. See an actual stage with this GrouponLive deal to see Footloose at Olmsted Performing Arts. Doors open one hour before the show. Choose between the following ticketing options:
- For $12, you get two tickets for orchestra Level B or reserved seating (up to a $30 value).
- For $24, you get four tickets for orchestra Level B or reserved seating (up to a $60 value).
Then choose one of the following performances:
- Friday, August 10, at 7 p.m.
- Saturday, August 11, at 2 p.m.
- Saturday, August 11, at 7 p.m.
- Sunday, August 12, at 2 p.m.
Olmsted Performing Arts continues its 2012 season with Footloose, an explosive musical adapted from the 1984 film. With an Oscar- and Tony-nominated Top 40 score, Footloose explores the battles between generations and moral codes set against the backdrop of a small, conservative farming town. After Ren is forced to move from Chicago, he quickly finds his new home’s inhabitants to be unwelcoming—there’s a local preacher who keeps a firm eye on moral edicts, a tight ban on dancing, and no welcome mats. Determined to bring toe-tapping tunes back to the community, Ren befriends a handful of loveable locals and develops a romantic interest in the preacher’s rebellious daughter. What follows is the story of fatherhood, peer acceptance, self-confidence, and dancing for the sake of dancing.