Musicals have always brought impossible dreams to life on stage, from cats that can talk to humans who can sing in public without feeling weird. Escape from reality with this Groupon.
- One adult or child ticket to Opera Idaho presents Rodgers and Hammerstein's The Sound of Music in Concert
- Seating: picnic-style general admission in tier 1 or 2; tier 1 seating is closer to the stage than tier 2
- Door time: 1.5 hours before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
Locations and Showtimes
- Idaho Botanical Gardens on Friday, July 19, at 7 p.m.
- Woodriver Cellars on Sunday, July 21, at 7 p.m.
- Click here to view all available show options
The show will be presented with an "In Concert"-style, which involves no costumes or set changes.
Children younger than 3 are admitted for free. Patrons may bring their own meals and sealed beverages to both venues, but may not bring alcoholic beverages to Woodriver Cellars. Additional food and drink items, as well as alcoholic beverages, are available for purchase at both venues.
Rodgers and Hammerstein's The Sound of Music in Concert
The final collaboration between famed musical duo Rodgers and Hammerstein, The Sound of Music presents a tale of romance and political intrigue set in pre-World War II Austria. Based on true events, the plot follows the tale of the multitudinous von Trapp family and their singing governess, Maria, as she brings joy back to the house, falls in love with the stern patriarch Georg, and uncovers the sinister secrets planted in Salzburg's foothills. The show delights audiences with classic musical magic, enchanting ears with such beloved songs as "Do-Re-Mi," "My Favorite Things," and "Sixteen Going on Seventeen."