Ballet dancers spend an unusual amount of time on their toes, much like the coworker who creeps up behind your chair every day just to watch you for a while. Gaze at grace with this GrouponLive deal.
- One ticket to Oregon Ballet Theatre’s “Celebrating Balanchine”
- Where: Keller Auditorium
- Door time: one hour before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $34 for area 3 seating (up to a $72.95 value)
- $48 for area 2 seating (up to a $102.70 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.
- Click here to view available showtimes.
First recipient of the Kennedy Center Honors Award. Cofounder of the New York City Ballet. Choreographer of more than 400 dances. These are just a few of the accomplishments of George Balanchine, one of the most recognized and celebrated figures in the world of ballet. Three decades after his death, the Oregon Ballet Theatre pays tribute to Balanchine’s legacy with a performance demonstrating his breathtaking range.
- Stravinsky Violin Concerto: This energetic, unconventional piece sends dancers flirtatiously cavorting across stage, creating an atmosphere hailed upon its premiere “as joyous as a houseful of puppies.”
- The Prodigal Son: Underscored by the evocative strings of Sergei Prokofiev, the biblical parable’s themes of sin and redemption unfold in hypnotizing, kinetic action.
- Square Dance: The audience-favorite piece is set to the music of Vivaldi and Corelli, and sets the scene of a country dance with lighthearted footwork, shy pas de deux, and the aroma of freshly-mown hay.
The ballet was amazing. No other words first come to mind ... What talented performers! So proud to have the OBT in Portland.EsmeJo, Ticketmaster, 3/5/12
The ballet was stunning. The visuals, sound, and lights were amazing! The dancers were wonderful!Amrodg, Ticketmaster, 3/6/12