Listening to jazz has become one of man’s top recreational activities, just after contemplating infinity and napping in the fridge. Let saxophones entertain you with this GrouponLive deal.
- $29 to see the Paul Winter Sextet (up to a $49.50 value)
- Where: Manchester Craftsmen’s Guild
- Section: reserved seating
- Time: 8 p.m.; doors at 7:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
- Friday, November 8
- Saturday, November 9<p>
Paul Winter Sextet
- What the show is celebrating: the group’s historic 1962 invitation to introduce jazz to the White House for the first time
- Heavy hitters the group impressed in its heyday: producer John Hammond and trumpeter Dizzy Gillespie, who recommended the group to the State Department for a 23-country tour of South America
- What audiences will hear: selections from their 50th anniversary album, including pieces from the White House concert and renditions of sighs provoked by Jackie Kennedy
- How Paul Winter has filled the intervening years: devoting himself to world music and environmental preservation; releasing several albums of humpback-whale songs
- Who will not be in attendance: the whales (venue could not fulfill rider request for krill buffet)<p>
Preserve. Present. Promote. These three p's comprise the mission of The Manchester Craftsmen Guild, also known as MCG Jazz. Since 1987, MCG has fortified the musical community of Pittsburgh. In addition to drawing in the nation's most renowned jazz artists, they nurture culture for later generations by archiving their shows on their own record label. Past appearances have included greats such as Stanley Turrentine, Joe Williams, and even Dizzy Gillespie.
Manchester Craftsmen’s Guild
6001 University Boulevard
Coraopolis, PA 15108Get Directions