Music is the soundtrack to our lives—from the ballad you slow-danced to at senior prom to the ballad you slowly walked home alone to. Remember the good times with this GrouponLive deal.
- $29 for one ticket to see a Valentine’s Day show with the Pepito Gomez Sextet, including a Cuban dinner and a rose (up to $69 value)
- Dinner includes roasted chicken, rice and beans, and plantains.
- Where: Drom
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 15 minutes before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
Dates and Times
- Friday, February 14, at 6 p.m. or 8:30 p.m.
- Saturday, February 15, at 6 p.m. or 8:30 p.m. <p>
Pepito Gomez Sextet
- Why Gomez deserves to have a whole sextet named after him: He’s a world-traveling Cuban singer praised by the New York Times for a voice they’ve described as “a beneficent alarm, a positive shout.”
- What else the Times has said about him: He’s “another order of performer” who makes his “band members look at one another in astonishment and play harder.”
- Other famous Cuban groups he’s graced: Guasabara, Pupy y los que Son Son
- Who the sextet will be paying tribute to at this concert: the Buena Vista Social Club
- Why they might be inclined to do that (besides the universal appeal of the Club’s golden-age Cuban tunes): Member Omara Portuondo is a high-profile fan of Gomez’s pipes.<p>
85 Avenue A
(Between 5th and 6th Streets - downstairs)
New York, New York 10009Get Directions