A live show has its own wild kind of energy, like a hotel whose outlets you should never use. Feel the electricity with this GrouponLive deal.
- One ticket to Pippin on Broadway
- When: select from eight showtimes per week; August 19-31
- Where: Music Box Theatre
- Door time: 30 minutes before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $49 for rear mezzanine sides (up to $69 value)
- $60.50 for middle mezzanine (up to $99 value)
- $68 for far side orchestra (up to $88 value)
- $86 for orchestra/front mezzanine (up to $142 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.
The 1972 musical Pippin—the story of King Charles The Great’s son searching for his own identity amid betrayal, war, and love—has returned to Broadway in a vibrant new production. As Pippin embarks on his quest for fulfillment, he encounters a colorful cast of characters with mysterious motivations, particularly a performance troupe led by the charismatic Leading Player. By turns both comic and sinister, Pippin combines compelling drama with the raw energy of rock ‘n’ roll, much like an arm-wrestling match between Hall and Oates.
Pippin’s journey is told in the classic Broadway tradition, deftly weaving together story, song, and dance. The Tony-nominated book by Roger O. Hirson is complemented by Stephen Schwartz’s sparkling rock score, which bursts to life with the piano-driven opener “Magic to Do” and continues on to such classics as “Simple Joys” and “Morning Glow.” The sounds are matched by spectacle-heavy sights—choreographer Chet Walker joins creative forces with the acclaimed acrobats of Les 7 Doigts de la Main to compose high-flying set pieces featuring trapeze work, graceful contortions, and perfectly timed juggling. The lavish revival has been met with widespread acclaim, taking home the 2013 Tony award for Best Revival and praised by the Daily News for having “everything you could dream of in a musical…and a few things you couldn’t even imagine.”