Baseball is a game of superstitions: hitters don’t wash helmets while on a streak, and managers don’t brush their teeth for weeks after a great argument with an umpire. Discover your own diamond rituals with this GrouponLive deal.
- $7 for a game package to see a Potomac Nationals game (up to a $14 total value)
- Where: Pfitzner Stadium
- Seating: grandstand seating marked in gray on the seating chart
- Door time: one hour before game time
- Click here to view the seating chart.
The package includes:
- One ticket (up to a $9 value)
- One slice of pizza provided by Little Caesars in Dumfries (a $5 value)
Games and Dates
- A doubleheader against the Lynchburg Hillcats on Tuesday, May 20, with the first game starting at 5:30 p.m.
- A doubleheader against the Hillcats on Wednesday, May 21, with the first game starting at 5:30 p.m.
- Against the Hillcats on Thursday, May 22, at 7:05 p.m.
- Against the Salem Red Sox on Friday, May 30, at 7:05 p.m.
- Against the Red Sox on Sunday, June 1, at 1:05 p.m.
The Scouting Report
With 36 games under their belt in the 2014 season, the Nationals seem poised to repeat as the Carolina League’s Northern Division champs. Their 20–16 record has them 3.5 games ahead of the rest of their division rivals, an early-season surge powered primarily by the long ball. The club has pummeled 26 home runs so far this year—second-most in the entire league—giving spectators abundant chances to grab an authentic ballpark souvenir in the bleachers without having to steal the hot dog guy’s sunglasses.
A chance for redemption looms on May 30, when the Nationals host the Salem Red Sox, who defeated them in last year’s Carolina League Championship Series. The upcoming games also include promotions, in which kids can charge onto the field to run the bases or stand in the same hallowed spot as their favorite umpire.
Though the team has undergone seven name changes since its inception in 1978, the Potomac Nationals fans are unwavering, filling the stands at Pfitzner Stadium in hopes of catching a major league legend in action. The club has served as the starting point for several superstars who have gone on to receive big-league plaudits such as Rookie of the Year titles, Gold Gloves, and league MVP awards. The Nationals have taken home Carolina League titles in 1982, 1989, 2008, and 2010 and are making plans to take home a Milky Way League title in 2158.
“Had a lot of fun. Great deal and experience.”
“Enjoying going to see the PNats play!”
G. Richard Pfitzner Stadium
7 County Complex Ct.
Woodbridge, VA 22192