Classical music boosts listeners' brain functions and energy levels, which is why every child should ingest a well-rounded harpsichord each morning. Treat your noggin to a mellifluous meal with this Groupon.
- $10 for one ticket to see a Maestro Series concert from the Concert Artists of Baltimore (up to a $20 value)
- Section: general admission
- Door time: one hour before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Power and Glory at Gordon Center for the Performing Arts on Saturday, October 26, at 8 p.m.
- The British Connection at Gordon Center for the Performing Arts on Saturday, February 8, at 8 p.m.
- Mass Appeal at St. Pius X Church on Saturday, March 8, at 8 p.m.
- Opera and Beyond at Gordon Center for the Performing Arts on Saturday, May 3, at 8 p.m.
- Click here to view the programs.
- For a pair of Russian masterworks—one by Rachmaninoff and the other by Prokofiev—as well as Schubert's eighth symphony, left unfinished for reasons unknown, see Power and Glory.
- To hear the symphony Mendelsohn penned when touring the ruins where Mary Queen of Scots' lover was murdered, as well as an elegant Jamaican rumba that earned its composer a barrel of rum from the Jamaican government, see The British Connection.
- To fully understand the irony inherent in the piece Rossini titled Petite messe solennelle, which Emperor Napoleon III called "neither little, nor solemn, nor a mass," see Mass Appeal.
- For a night of beloved arias by such musical masters as Mozart, Verdi, Borodin, and Wagner, as well as a reason to use opera glasses that doesn't involve stealing your neighbor's barbecue recipe, see Opera and Beyond.