Nothing can match the thrill of seeing a concert in person, not even watching it on high-definition Blu-ray or listening to it on a high-definition parrot. Get out of your cage with this Groupon.
- $20 to see The Fixx with Less Than Zero (up to a $28.50 value)
- When: Sunday, July 14, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Rawkus
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 8 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
The Fixx with Less Than Zero
- Hits by The Fixx that made the '80s better: "One Thing Leads to Another," "Stand or Fall," "Saved by Zero"
- Original lineup: all present, a rarity with most reunions
- London: home of The Fixx
- Shuttered Room: The FIxx's first album; it took them to MTV
- Reach the Beach: The Fixx's second album; it took them to platinum heights in the US
- Hit that preyed on Cold War paranoia but has a danceable beat: "Red Skies"
- Where you've heard "One Thing Leads to Another": the cult horror film The House of the Devil
- Where else: every '80s mixtape ever
- Beautiful Friction: the title of The Fixx's latest album
- 3.5 stars: Allmusic.com's rating for Beautiful Friction, which they also define as a "win-WIN" for fans
- What the cover band Less Than Zero might be named after: the Elvis Costello song
- Where Costello might have gotten the name: the world's laziest mathematician
- Bands that Less Than Zero covers: Duran Duran, The Cure, New Order, and INXS
Sensory overload is the stock and trade at Rawkus. The massive venue, sporting 13,000 square feet for hundreds of regular-shaped feet to stand in, carries electronic accoutrements that range from a surrealistic laser system to a pro audio system for transcendent evenings out. While sprinkling its schedule with DJs, dance parties, and rock acts, the venue also serves beer and liquor from its bar and snacks from its kitchen.