A great live performance is something you'll be able to describe to your kids someday, unlike the way they looked midbirth. Scream along to your favorites with this GrouponLive deal.
- $14 for one ticket to "Rhythm in the Night" (up to $38 value)
- When: Sunday, March 16, at 3 p.m.
- Where: State Theatre
- Seating: mid-balcony, upper-balcony, or gallery section
- Door time: 2 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
"Rhythm in the Night"
- What it isn't: a concert by Italian band Corona (that's "Rhythm of the Night")
- What it is: an Irish dance performance just in time for St. Patrick's Day
- The premise: A shadowy heroic figure must find his way through the deception and temptation around him and not get distracted by the fact that hundreds of people are watching his every move from the darkness.
- Who's on stage: 18 Irish step-dancers
- Who choreographed the program: Justin Boros, a former dancer with Michael Flatley's Lord of the Dance, and fellow dancer and musician Gregg Senko
The State Theatre was saved, as its website states, from "the ravages of time." Built in 1921 as a vaudeville and silent-film palace, the venue fell on hard times in the 1970s. In 2003, however, a $3 million renovation restored the State Theatre to much of its original glory, as crews painstakingly rehabbed the ornamental plaster, terracotta exterior, and actor holding cells. Inside the theater, a stunning chandelier sparkles more brightly than ever below the venue's signature dome.
15 Livingston Ave.
New Brunswick, New Jersey 08901
732-247-7200 x517Get Directions