Seeing one of your favorite bands is a transcendent experience, like seeing your favorite actor play your favorite president. Spoil your senses with this GrouponLive deal.
- General admission to the River Rock Summer Concert Series
- When: Wednesdays at 7 p.m.
- Where: Riverfront Park
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: 5 p.m.
- For info on permitted and prohibited items, see the FAQs.
$5 for one ticket to your choice of the following concerts (up to a $10 value)
- Curtis Salgado on July 10
- Stone in Love on July 17
- Vintage Trouble on July 31
- Reckless Kelly on August 7
$12.50 for one ticket to all four concerts (a $25 value)
Children 10 and under are admitted free.
- Instruments: voice, harmonica
- Artists he covers: George Clinton, Otis Redding, Bobby Womack, Bill Withers
- Colorful titles of his own songs: "At Least I Didn't Do That," "Wiggle Outta This," "Money Must Think I'm Dead"
- Time he changed the course of history: befriended John Belushi during the filming of Animal House in his hometown of Eugene, fomenting a love of blues and R&B that eventually led to The Blues Brothers
- Appearing with: Chicago bluesman Billy D and the Hoodoos
Stone in Love
- What they play: all Journey, all the time
- What to expect: dazzling lights and unstoppable audience singalongs
- May change the course of history when: the original members of Journey decide to start a rock band after traveling forward in time to a Stone in Love concert
- Appearing with: Colorful '80s cover artists the Radical Revolution, formerly known as The Breakfast Club
Vintage Trouble–"Blues Hand Me Down"
Warning: Contains bluesy profanity.
- Bands they've opened for: Bon Jovi, The Who, and the Dave Matthews Band
- Band they'll open for in 2013: The Rolling Stones
- Time it took them to record debut album The Bomb Shelter Sessions: three days
- Time they'd been together at that point: three months
- What "separates VT from a copycat soul revue," according to the Wall Street Journal: "its muscle: [Nalle] Colt deploys a Jimmy Page-like crunch on guitar and [bassist Rick] Dill opens up his sound when Colt solos"
- Times they've won Austin Music Awards (for Best Roots Rock and Best Country): six
- Where they're based: Austin, Texas
- Where they formed: Bend, Oregon
- Their namesake: notorious Australian outlaw Ned Kelly
- Pursuits they share with Kelly: making their way outside the system; avoiding charges of cattle thievery
River Rock Summer Concert Series
The River Rock Summer Concert Series spreads out along the bank of the Willamette River, drawing crowds to watch legends and rising stars of rock, blues, and soul strut their stuff. Local Northwest wine and beer offerings are available and food vendors dish up everything from pulled pork and mac and cheese to jambalaya and oyster shooters. Families can enjoy the children’s area presented by Discovery Village with hands on activities such as blowing bubbles or constructing a functional recording booth from giant blocks.