Electronic music is a comparatively new art form, especially when compared to playing Baroque music with an all-mammoth orchestra. The future is now with this GrouponLive deal.
- $149 for a three-day pass to Riverwest Music Festival (up to $180.33 value)
- When: July 4–6, 11 a.m.–10:30 p.m.
- Where: River West (Chicago River near Division and Elston)
- General admission
- Door time: 11 a.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- View the complete line up
Riverwest Music Festival
- Deep Dish: Groundbreaking 1998 debut album, Junk Science, catapulted the Washington D.C. duo Ali “Dubfire” Shirazinia and Sharam Tayebi into the gritty shimmer of underground fame. Today, their residencies continue at Twilo in NYC, Renaissance in Nottingham UK, 1015 in San Francisco, and The End in London.
- Dixon: Voted the Number One DJ of 2013 in Resident Advisor’s annual poll, Dixon not only produces a cerebral brand of minimal tech house: he heads up Innervisions Recordings and owns a bakery in Berlin. There, he launched Inner City, a monthly night at the city’s seminal Weekend club.
- Steve Lawler: During his nine-year residency at Balearic Club Space in Ibiza, Steve Lawer’s signature blend of house, techno, and electronica drove dance floors to new heights. Further north, his VIVa Nights residency at The End in London consistently sold out for its 7-year span with Lawler at the helm from open to close.
- Jamie Jones: He’s the Hot Creations label owner ushering in the new house sound with supporting cast Lee Foss, Ali Love, and Luca C. Together as Hot Natured, their first single, “Benediction,” reached the top 40 in the UK in 2013. As a solo performer, Jones’ engineers his tight, sonic beats for the big room.
- Loco Dice: With acclaimed releases on Cocoon and his own Desolat record labels, Loco Dice also launched his Used + Abused residency at Cocoon in Ibiza in 2013. Listen for his signature blend of house and techno mixed with spontaneous orchestrations fueled by the nuances of the crowd.
- Excision: British Columbian DJ/producer Jeff Abel ignites crowds with dubstep beats that combine the morphing basslines of drum and bass, the aggressive push of heavy metal, and the chilled vibes of hip hop.
- View the complete lineup
1111-1177 N Elston Ave.
Chicago, Illinois 60642Get Directions