Fall festivals celebrate the hallmarks of the season: craft beer, cool weather, and the life cycle of leaves hibernating for nine months in closed swimming pools. Say goodbye to summer with this GrouponLive deal.
- Admission package to Rocktoberfest
- When: Friday, October 4, Saturday, October 5, or Sunday, October 6
- Where: Hawthorne Race Course
- Post time: 3:10 p.m. on October 4, 5 p.m. on October 5, 2:10 p.m. on October 6.
- Doors open 1 hour before post time.
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
Choose from Three Options
- $22 for an admission package for one (a $50 value)
- $40 for an admission package for two (a $100 value)
- $76 for an admission package for four (a $200 value)<p>
Each guest receives the following:
- One-day admission with VIP seating for races and music
- $10 wager coupon, with new Club Hawthorne free rewards program sign-up
- $10 BBQ coupon
- Five six-ounce craft beer samples<p>
This fall, Hawthorne Race Course puts their own spin on the German celebration of beer. At the track’s Rocktoberfest, samples of craft brews flow from kegs, wetting palates for cuts of tender barbecue while live music wafts through the crisp autumn air. There will be acoustic bands on Friday and Sunday, while Saturday will feature a classic rock cover band. But just because there’s a party doesn’t mean the horse racing stops. In fact, the weekend marks the kickoff of the course’s Fall Thoroughbred Meet, a three-month season of intense races, photo finishes, and single horses hoping to find love.
Hawthorne Race Course
On May 20, 1891, an estimated 6,000 people attended the first-ever Opening Day at Hawthorne Race Course. The event featured the Chicago Derby—a quarter-mile race won by a horse named Brookwood. Since that day, the facility has thrilled Chicago-area racing fans season after season with live competition and full-card simulcasting. But it hasn't always been easy. In 1905, for instance, racing was banned in Chicago for more than 15 years after several of the facility's horses became mired in a political scandal. And Hawthorne Race Course itself has had to overcome its fair share of adversity, including two fires, the most recent of which destroyed the grandstand in 1978.
Hawthorne Race Course
3501 S Laramie Ave.
Cicero, Illinois 60804