Metaphors for laughter are often surprisingly violent, from busting a gut to splitting your sides to tumbling down the jagged face of Joke Mountain. Break a funny bone with this GrouponLive deal.
- $69 for two tickets to see Russell Peters (up to a $128 value) with two draft beers or a $10 drink credit (up to a $138 total value)
- When: Friday, September 27, at 9 p.m.
- Where: MGM Grand Theater at Foxwoods Resort Casino
- Seating: category 2 or 3
- Door time: 8 p.m. for show, 5 p.m. for happy hour (drinks must be redeemed from 5 p.m.–8 p.m.)
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
Warning: contains profanity and a journey into the subconscious
In 2009 and 2010, Forbes ranked Russell Peters as one of the top ten highest grossing comics in the U.S. For fans, that comes as no surprise, as he's been hustling his comedy routine since 1998. With the observational eye of George Carlin (one of his biggest influences), the absurdity of Steve Martin, and a penchant for social criticism that resembles a hip-hop Aldous Huxley, Peters worked his way from his native Toronto to stints around the world. After YouTube clips of his performance on Canada's Comedy Now! went viral, he was soon selling out amphitheaters and racking up tremendous DVD sales with comedy specials such as Outsourced, Red, White, and Brown, and The Green Card Tour: Live from the O2 Arena. Now, the comic maestro takes a break from the development of his latest NBC sitcom, I'm With Russell, to conduct waves of laughter as he takes on matters such as the cultural climate, romantic foibles, and his disdain for ethnic stereotypes.