Before baseball, there was mace-maul, a medieval sport in which players wore chain-mail uniforms, no-hitters were a bad thing, and each team’s disabled list was much, much longer. Support a more civilized sporting event with this GrouponLive deal to see the San Antonio Missions at Nelson Wolff Municipal Stadium. Lower-box seating is marked in red on the seating chart and includes sections 100–114. Groupon customers will receive the best available seating upon redemption. Choose between the following options:
- For $10, you get two tickets for lower-box seating to any regular-season home game (a $22 value)
- For $25, you get a game-day package for four (a $57 total value), which includes:
- Four tickets for lower-box seating to any weekend home game (Friday–Sunday) played from June to September 3
- One VIP parking pass, valid for reserved parking on the third-base side of the field near the entrance
- An on-field photo opportunity with mascot Ballapeno
- Access to watch batting practice, weather permitting
As the defending Texas League champion, the San Antonio Missions were named Minor League Baseball's best Double-A program during their 94-win 2011 season. Two months into the 2012 campaign, the Missions have a sub-0.500 record and are looking to battle back up the standings in the Texas League South. Second baseman Dean Anna sounds a rallying klaxon call with his reliable bat, besting 0.300 at the plate. First baseman Nathan Freiman is doing his part with a box score that reads HR more than a dozen times, much like a useless periodic table of elements.
Inside Nelson Wolff Municipal Stadium, towering fly balls and smooth diving catches launch 6,200 Missions fans from their seats, and special promotions throughout the summer, such as Cricket Dollar Nights, fill mitts with discounted deals. Last season, the Missions amassed an eye-popping 55–15 record at home, thanks to raucous supporters and the opposing teams' dugout being located above a strategically placed sinkhole.