There are many classic comedy routines, but none is more lauded than the one in which someone walks toward a banana peel and places it in the garbage. Enjoy throwaway gags with this GrouponLive deal.
- Admission to a standup-comedy show
- When: any show of your choice through August 24, excluding special events
- Where: San Jose Improv
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 30 minutes before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view a schedule of upcoming acts.
- $20 for two tickets to a standup-comedy show, plus two tickets to a future show (up to $88 value)
- $38 for four tickets to a standup-comedy show, plus four tickets to a future show (up to $176 value)
San Jose Improv has a two-item minimum food or drink purchase per person, not included in this Groupon.
Guy Torry (May 16–18)
Original member of The Kings of Comedy, seen on Martin and Moesha
Warning: contains coarse language
Tom Segura (June 13–15)
Star of the Netflix comedy special Completely Normal and host of the podcast Your Mom’s House
Warning: contains adult language and rampant examples of schadenfreude
More upcoming acts:
- Ian Bagg: July 3-6
- Joey Diaz: July 10-12 (select shows only)
- Dave Coulier: July 24-27 (select shows only)
- Erik Griffin: July 31-August 3
- Edwin San Juan: August 8-10
- Rick Gutierez: August 14-15 and 17
- Mark Viera: August 22-24
San Jose Improv
The first Improv comedy club had virtually nothing to do with comedy. Broadway producer Budd Friedman founded the now legendary franchise in 1963 as an intimate spot for performers to eat, drink coffee, and sing along to piano ditties after their shows. Soon after, the club’s first comedian, Dave Astor, performed on a whim to try out new material. The stand-up set was a hit and led to the venue’s eventual transformation into a full-blown comedy club. New York’s hottest comedians would do nearly anything to be featured on the Improv stage; for instance, it's rumored that Lily Tomlin hijacked a parked limousine in order to make a stunning entrance when first meeting Budd.
As part of the respected chain of Improv comedy clubs—where comedic heavyweights such as Andy Kaufman, Jay Leno, and Jerry Seinfeld first started working the stand-up circuit—San Jose Improv lives up to the reputation set by its preceding locations by hosting a full calendar of well-known comics and promising up-and-comers. Audience members can fuel laughter with pub grub such as buffalo wings and barbecue prime rib sandwiches, all while sipping a cocktail to avoid eye contact with the giant rubber chicken sitting at the next table.
Tips from Groupon Customers
“Good food at a reasonable price and very good performers ! In a nutshell, a great evening !”
“I loved the environment and the entertainment! Perfect for date night! ”
San Jose Improv
62 S Second St.
San Jose, California 95113