Although 20% of babies who were exposed to classical music in utero become doctors or lawyers, 100% of babies born on stage during a classical-music performance become Bill Gates. Upgrade your evening with this GrouponLive deal.
- One ticket to the San Jose Youth Symphony’s Philharmonic Orchestra Season Finale
- When: Saturday, June 14, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: California Theater
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- $9 for orchestra seating (up to $16.52 value)
- $14 for balcony seating (up to $21.69 value)
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
Tickets for children under 13 are regularly $5–$10, depending on seating.
The San Jose Youth Symphony’s Philharmonic Orchestra closes out the year in celebratory style with the help of local music educators and soloists from its own ranks.
- Chadwick—Jubilee from Symphonic Sketches: George W. Chadwick, one of the United States’ first great composers, appended his grandiloquent Jubilee with the verse “No cool gray tones for me / Give me warmest red and green / A cornet and a tambourine / To paint my jubilee!”
- Felder—Doing School: Written by John Felder, the recently retired music director of Lynbrook High School, this concerto features 10 soloists, each of whom is a music director at local schools.
- Rossini/Respighi—La Boutique Fantasque: The music is Gioachino Rossini’s and the orchestration Ottorino Respighi’s. This collaboration resulted in a playful ballet about a magic toy shop where two can-can-dancing dolls fall in love before being sold to different families and realizing that dolls aren’t allowed to get married anyway.
San Jose Youth Symphony
The San Jose Youth Symphony, founded in 1959 under the San Jose Symphony, incorporated as an independent, non-profit organization in 2002, providing musical education to hundreds of local kids. Now comprising eight groups of varying sizes and experience levels, the organization stages dozens of concerts each year, as well as a biennial international tour that gives the Philharmonic Orchestra the chance to travel to exotic locales and learn which countries have the fluffiest hotel towels.
345 S First St.
San Jose, CA 95113