Live music can set the mood on a cruise and overpower the sound of curse words that whales have incorporated into their songs after centuries of hanging out with sailors. Take in less salty tunes with this GrouponLive deal.
- $49 for one ticket to see Sarah Brightman (up to a $174.35 value)
- When: Wednesday, October 9, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Fox Theatre
- Seating: rows CC–LL of the orchestra
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
- Who she is: one of the world's best-selling sopranos, a classical crossover artist, and the inspiration for Andrew Lloyd Webber's Phantom of the Opera
- Does that mean she was married to a monstrous musical genius?: no, just Andrew Lloyd Webber
- Her first pop success: breaking into the disco charts in 1978 with the sci-fi themed "I Lost My Heart to a Starship Trooper," which she performed with the dance troupe Hot Gossip
- How long she's been obsessed with outer space: since July 20, 1969, when she saw Neil Armstrong walk on the moon, and decided she too would one day orbit the earth
- Why she didn't chase that dream: She did. She's currently training for a 2015 journey to the International Space Station
- Is that why her new album, Dreamchaser, has an astronomical theme?: yes
- Songs on that album: Paul and Linda McCartney's "Venus and Mars," an English version of Sigur Ros' "Glosoli" (which means "Glowing Sun"), and the original song "Angel"
- What she'll do while in orbit: become the first professional musician to record a song off-planet, probably do some floating
- Can her fans come with?: no, but they can still reach new heights vicariously through her three-octave range
660 Peachtree St NE
Atlanta, Georgia 30308Get Directions