Musicals have always brought impossible dreams to life on stage, from cats that can talk to humans who can sing in public without feeling weird. Escape from reality with this GrouponLive deal
- $22 for two tickets to see Scrooge the Musical, plus two small fountain drinks and two small popcorns (up to a $39.50 value)
- When: Friday, December 6 or Saturday, December 7, at 7:30 p.m., or Sunday, December 8, at 3 p.m.
- Where: The Historic Palace Theatre
- Seating: upper balcony
- Door time: 30 minutes before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
Scrooge the Musical
Based on Charles Dickens’ classic holiday page-turner A Christmas Carol, Scrooge the Musical melodically revamps its source material as its titular miser transforms from curmudgeon to philanthropist on Christmas Eve. When Ebenezer Scrooge receives a visit from three specters—one each from Christmases past, present, and future—he realizes how his negative outlook on life greatly affects him and those around him. A cast of broad-ranged crooners brings the iconic characters to life, including favorites such as Bob Cratchit, Tiny Tim, and the Ghosts of Christmas Time-Space Continua. Leslie Bricusse adapted the script in 1992 from his own celebrated film, with the festive tunes “Father Christmas” and “December the Twenty-Fifth” showcasing the songwriting prowess that earned him a Grammy and two Academy Awards throughout his career.
The Historic Palace Theatre
The Historic Palace Theatre's own in-house production company, Curtain Up Productions, performs beneath the gilded proscenium of a venerable historic auditorium. The playhouse and movie theater was considered the jewel of downtown Lockport on its 1925 opening and still bustles today under the watch of volunteers committed to its preservation.