- Admission to a show or dining
- Where: Shadowbox Live or Backstage Bistro
- General admission, reservation required
- Door time: one hour and 15 minutes prior to showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $11 for $20 toward bistro cuisine at Backstage Bistro. Click here to view the menu.
- $24 for two tickets to any performance of Bigger Than Jesus at Shadowbox Live through June 26 (up to $50 value)
- $44 for four tickets to any Friday performance of Out of Control at Shadowbox Live through May 30 (up to $160 value)
- Click to view the schedules for Bigger Than Jesus and Out of Control.
Bigger Than Jesus
Part extravagant musical, part rockumentary, and all love letter, Bigger Than Jesus sees the talented Shawdowbox ensemble paying tribute to a certain quartet from Liverpool. The show—which takes its its name from an infamous John Lennon quote—incorporates 33 classic songs to tell the story of The Beatles and their ever-present walrus, employing video, text, and dance along the way. But, fittingly, it's the music that takes center stage. The cast lends their voices to such beloved melodies as "A Hard Day's Night," "While My Guitar Gently Weeps," "Yellow Submarine," and thirty more Beatles tunes.
Out of Control
"Its language and humor," wrote Margaret Quamme for the Columbus Dispatch, "definitely earn [Out of Control] an adult rating. Fortunately, it’s also adult in its intelligence and sophistication." Shadowbox's latest musical-sketch romp barrels through scenes that range from bawdy to biting to bawdily biting, taking on topics such as reality television and contemporary child-rearing with sly glee. Between—and sometimes during—sketches, the performers belt out tunes ranging from Pink's "Sober" to Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Fortunate Son."
Shadowbox Live dawned with The Dawn of Infinite Dreams. The ensemble's first original rock opera roared to life in 1988, and audiences followed in its wake. The crowds soon outgrew the group's original space, and the artists set out to find a home that could meet public demand and a printing press that could create all of those programs. Several venues and countless rollicking shows later, the Shadowboxers maintain an ambitious 52-week-per-year performance schedule, combining full theatrical productions with original sketch revues, intimate cabaret-style concerts, and immersive multimedia experiences. And the company grew right along with its reputation—so much so, in fact, that it claims to be the largest resident theater company in America.
Tips from Groupon Customers
“Backstage Bistro is a wonderful place for catching up with friends over weekend brunch! Yummy food and quiet, adult atmosphere! ”
“Always have fun at Shadowbox! Menu at Backstage Bistro is Yummy!!!”
503 S Front St
Columbus, Ohio 43215